Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Saturday, June 2, 2012 from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM (CDT)
Saint Paul, MN
Celebrate Clean Water at WaterFest 2012!
Families from around the Twin Cities are invited to a day of lakeside fun at WaterFest 2012. Sponsored by the Ramsey-Washington Metro Watershed District, the cities of St. Paul, Maplewood and North St. Paul, Ramsey County and other partners, WaterFest is a celebration of our clean lakes and offers an opportunity for outdoors, hands-on learning about the water quality, wildlife, and special ecological features of our beautiful watershed.
Join us for a fun-filled day of free activities:
- Enjoy the WaterFest parade featuring students, clowns and mascots
- Experience the lake with Voyageur canoe rides; pontoon boat rides; sailing, standup paddleboarding and fishing lessons; canoes, kayaks and bikes for checkout with a driver's license or ID
- Participate in the Carp Fishing Competition for Youth
- Discover the secrets of a raindrop on a Raindrop Mystery Tour and win prizes
- Learn to Geocache and participate in the Discovery Hunt
- Participate in the Tricia & the Toonies Game & Puppet Show
- Take a rain garden tour and receive a native plant for your yard
- Enjoy a climbing wall, jump castle, archery, art, water games and bird watching walks
- View student artistic, scientific and service project displays
- Learn about landscaping, shorelines, watersheds and ecosystems from professionals
- See a street sweeper, snowplow and storm drain stenciling demonstrate how cleaner streets keep lakes cleaner
- Participate in yoga before (10 AM), during and after (4 PM) WaterFest
- Bring a swimming suit and enjoy swimming and beach activities
- Lean to play Kataab (a volleyball/soccer like Asian game)
- Take a photo with LEAP Frog
- Purchase food at the Pavilion
Everyone can play a role in protecting our water resources. At WaterFest 2012 we will help families make the connection between activities in our neighborhoods and the health of local lakes, streams and wetlands. This year, the City of Saint Paul is combining their “National Get Outdoors” celebration with WaterFest — so look for expanded opportunities to celebrate the outdoors and enjoy one of the lakes that makes our area a great place to live!
Volunteers and exhibitors - Register above in the ticket information section! Select 1 under quantity and hit "Register" Both volunteers and exhibitors receive a FREE WaterFest t-shirt and $5 food coupon to use at the event. Before you register, check out the following helpful links:
For more WaterFest information, including a detailed event schedule and map, sponsor list and photos go to http://www.rwmwd.org/.